- Want to be a strategic thinking partner for the people who create change in our society?
- Care about evidence-based decision-making?
- Want to be part of a reputable and growing organisation with creative thinking at its core?
Social Surveys Africa is one of Southern Africa’s leading policy advisory and insights organisations for social justice and social development. We work across Southern Africa for a wide range of clients, including corporates, governments and civil society organisations. Our advisory work is based on strong empirical research, including in the fields of mining, education, health, housing, labour, land, migration, entrepreneurship and many others. We are the place where your years of research experience and your creative insights about society will really make a difference. For more information, see https://socialsurveys.co.za
The person we are looking for has:
- At least 7 years of experience in research, policy or social advisory roles,
- At least 5 years of practical experience in managing primary data generation research projects, including being primary investigator and running projects from inception to completion,
- Experience in conducting Social Impact Assessments and/or community-based social research studies in mining areas or the IPP sector
- Strong quantitative data analysis skills/statistics and experience interpreting quantitative data for a variety of audiences,
- Extremely strong report writing skills,
- Proven ability in contract research project management, including proposal writing, costing and client management,
- At least a Master’s degree in any social science, law or related field,
- Interest in new technologies for data analysis and visualisation,
- Skills in GIS an advantage,
- Excellent multi-tasking and team-work skills,
- Kindness, compassion and commitment.