Duration: Fixed Term Contract: Till 31 December 2023
Location: South Africa - preferably Johannesburg but flexible as GPAF implements a hybrid work location model with Work-from-home being the main base of our work location.
The role of Organising Lead is to strategically build relationships with individuals and groups of Precariats and to cultivate their leadership to act collectively on a just transition. They are expected to be a motivator, mentor, and organiser. They will work within the C&E campaign team in South Africa to guide and strategise tactical interventions to continuously increase and scale up engagements of the Precariats in campaigning.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience
- At least 3 years of experience building strong and diverse communities of change agents
- Experience in engagement pathways to move people from online to offline actions
- Background in organising, social work, community development, and/or climate, social justice activism
- Experiences in working in multidisciplinary teams and with complex task/line management
- Experiences in designing workshops, training, leadership sessions, application of design thinking
- Certain exposures and understanding of life experiences of the target audience - socio economic struggle is not
out of contexts
- Travel within South Africa may be required.
- Enabling home environment for Work-from-home arrangement is required.