The Desmond Tutu Health Foundation (DTHF) is a registered non-profit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
We have fantastic job opportunities across our businesses for talented people wanting to realize their full potential. Could that be you? If so, we invite you to explore the possibility of joining us to play your part in Desmond Tutu Health Foundations’ exciting future.
The main purpose of this position is to be responsible for all laboratory activities at Masiphumelele Research Site, as well as to ensure that the final outputs and outcomes of all projects and programs are quality assured and completed within the required timelines.
- HPCSA Registration as Medical Technician (Microbiology, Clinical pathology)
- Good Clinical Laboratory Practice Training certificate (GCLP)
- Minimum of 1-year experience post HPCSA registration as medical technician
- Technical knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of the use of chemical substances, biohazardous substances, and safe laboratory practices and knowledge of health and safety regulations
- To be mindful of confidentiality
- Interact with clinic staff daily
- Excellent time management skills and ability to take initiative
- Good communication and training skills
- Ability to organize own workload
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Computer literacy
- Be tactful and respectful
- Good administrative skills
- Able to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines
- Willing to work overtime and weekends (If required)
- Clinical trials/research experience
- Tertiary qualification in a related life science field
- Transportation of dangerous Goods/ International Air Transport Association Training Certificate (IATA)
- Good Clinical practice (GCP) and Human Subjects Protection (HSP)
- Testing of samples and reporting according to SOP
- Maintain Turnaround times as per SOP
- Short term storage of samples
- Organizing and preparing samples for shipments to referral laboratories
- Maintenance and calibration of lab equipment
- Good housekeeping of the lab
- Ability to respond to monitor related queries in the absence of Lab Manager
- Stock inventory and ordering of lab stock and kits
- Maintain QC processes and documentation
- Maintain health and safety requirements according to SOP
- Maintain a good work ethic and professional conduct
- Follow up and resolving queries timeously
- Attend trainings as required
Values fit: Passion Innovation Progress Integrity Respect Excellence
Submit CV, motivation letter with certified copy of highest qualification and details of three (3) current contactable referees by 01 July 2022. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Visit the DTHF Career page to view the advert DTHF-C060 and apply: DTHF Career Page
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We are committed to equity in our employment practices. It is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives. We reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
I understand and accept that by applying for this position, I authorized DTHF to process my personal information in accordance with its internal operational requirements.
I further understand that the personal information I disclose to DTHF will be processed in accordance with the requirements set out in the Protection of Personal Information Act and may include the transferring thereof to third parties for the purposes of verification.
This job may be removed before it expires.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Desmond Tutu Health Foundation is a child-friendly organisation committed to the protection of children.
For more information about the organization please visit our website.