Are you experienced in dealing with financial budgeting, donor grant reporting & compliance? Do you want to develop budgets for new business opportunities? Read on to hear more about the Grants and Compliance Manager position!
We are a fast-growing non-profit social enterprise with offices in the Netherlands, Portugal, South Africa, Kenya, and Ethiopia. Triggerise builds digital platforms that motivate users - primarily young women and adolescent girls - to make positive choices. We work together with local communities and use nudges like reminders, discounts, and reward points to encourage our users to access and use health products and services. We also support our users in becoming entrepreneurs and adding value to their economies. You can learn more about the work we do here (https://youtu.be/1P-mkQW4YEo).
All of our Triggerise offices are comfortable, open spaces filled with enthusiastic, international colleagues. Whether you are working from our biggest office in Nairobi, the fast-growing office in South Africa, or from home, our people are young and our culture is global and dynamic. Our work environment is fast-paced, informal, and friendly. You can hear more about being a part of the Triggerise team here (https://youtu.be/jxyPJiLL4Kw).
We are open to remote work for this position and will happily accept applicants from anywhere in Portugal, South Africa, and Ethiopia.
The Grants & Compliance Manager will be responsible for the financial budgeting, monitoring and reporting of donor grants. You will also be responsible for:
- Taking the lead on budgeting for new programs and getting involved in developing budgets for new business opportunities.
- Monitoring areas such as safeguarding, indemnity insurance, and anti-terrorism, to ensure that Triggerise complies with all contract requirements for the grants assigned to you.
- Delivery of timely and accurate donor financial submissions for grants assigned to you.
- Responsible for overall monitoring of financial and compliance contracts of subaward contracts if Triggerise manages grants for partner organizations.
- Keeping abreast of new developments and actively participating in meetings and projects with your team members.
You have strong knowledge of accounting standards and cost control methods. You are comfortable moving from detailed information to the big picture view and on to the resolution. You’re an excellent communicator, with people of all levels.
- At least 4 years of experience in the finance and grants management role.
- Strong experience working with donor contracts.
- Experience working with budgeting, reporting, financial analysis, & contract management.
- Strong financial modeling experience.
- Excellent excel skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage deadlines.
- Fluency in French would be an advantage.
- Fluency in English.
At Triggerise we believe in being open, also when it comes to salaries. The gross monthly salary bracket for this position is R52.500 - R78.777 in South Africa, €1.490 - €2.240 in Ethiopia, and €2.740 - €4.100 in Portugal, plus benefits and allowances. We will offer you a salary in this bracket depending on your level of experience and how it relates to your future colleagues.
In addition to your monthly salary, we offer you:
- Good secondary benefits
- A personal development budget
- Unlimited holidays, if you can make it work with your team you’re good to go
- Growth opportunities
- A product to help shape as we grow, to leave your mark on how we do things
- A vision that we trust that you will do your job without us having to invent unnecessary rules and regulations
Interested? Click apply now below! Want more information? Check out our website or contact our Global Recruiter. We only accept applications through the apply links, not by email.