About the job
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Reporting to the CEO and member of the Senior Leadership Team, the Fundraising, Marketing & Communications Lead, will be responsible for developing and executing fundraising, marketing and communications strategic plans and agreed income targets.
This broad and impactful role will provide you with an opportunity to directly impact the lives of South Africa’s most vulnerable children – your main KPI will be delivering HOPE and an IMPROVED FUTURE for communities across our nation.
You will achieve this through both hands-on involvement and managing a team to build and manage relationships with, and make applications to, corporate donors, grant-making organizations, trusts, foundations, HNWI’s and the general public.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate previous experience of working successfully in fundraising and/or sales with evidence of setting, working to and achieving financial targets within deadlines and budgets, experience of managing relationships at varying levels and the ability to write persuasive and compelling copy together with presentations and pitches.
The ideal candidate is purpose-driven, results-focused and an innovative thinker.
The responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
MARKETING And COMUNICATIONS
- Marketing – in support of WVSA’s fundraising strategy build and implement a multichannel marketing strategy to engage potential donors
- Communications – build brand awareness and relevance through developing and implementing a communications strategy that promotes our authenticity, trustworthiness and contribution to a better South Africa
- Create and execute ambitious and achievable annual and long-term plans for fundraising across the organization.
- Design and implement strategies to establish relationships, build value-add partnerships and secure funding from International bilateral and multilateral donor and national foundations, corporates, government and individual donor sources.
- Set, implement and manage lead generation, contacts, conversion etc. metrics and targets for team
- Lead the development of partner/donor market analysis and clear engagement strategies inclusive of partner/donor segmentation, customized messaging and frequency of contact
- Direct all activities, including identifying opportunities and prospecting, implementing targeted strategies for each opportunity, and soliciting and stewarding donors
- Create a donor/partner relationship database/client relationship management system
- Lead the development and internal coordination of grant proposals and value-add partnerships in close collaboration with internal technical specialists and finance
EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
- Exhibit a passion for the mission of World Vision South Africa and effectively advocate for the organization with a variety of external audiences
- Initiate new and deepen existing funder and donor relationships, ensuring a strong and diverse base of organizational supporters
- Supervise the design, implementation and timing of all donor-communications programs
- Work in partnership with other WV offices on funding opportunities
- Supervise and coach Fundraising department staff directly
- Prepare and monitor Fundraising departments annual expense budget and revenue forecasts, and provide accurate tracking and projections for budgetary and financial reports
- Work with Finance and Program teams as cross-departmental partners to ensure high quality proposals are submitted and all commitments to funders are fulfilled and reported on appropriately and timely.
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Marketing, Communication or related field. Minimum of 5 years of experience in a sales, marketing and communication or fundraising leadership role with a proven track record in delivering results Minimum 3 years of setting and implementing strategy Sound knowledge and expertise in planning, developing and executing targeted marketing campaigns, promotions and events, across multiple channels Exceptional written and verbal communication skills Proficient in managing and monitoring content across digital tools including; all major social media channels, websites, emails, and offline media platforms, including digital analytics. Experience with undertaking research of market trends and monitoring Knowledge of the non-profit landscape and trends in the humanitarian sector with exposure to the individual, corporate and institutional giving spaces is an advantage Energetic self-starter and innovative thinker able to motivate entire team Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities
Applicant Types Accepted
Local Applicants Only